Wednesday 19th May 2021.
Vacancy: The Priory Belvoir Academy – Local Governing Body.
As an academy that continually looks to develop I, along with the Chair of the Local Governing Body (LGB), Mr Dominic Cullen, would like to encourage applications from our parents and carers who may also be a local employer or community representative to become a member of the LGB at The Priory Belvoir Academy.
All governors should have relevant skills and experiences to contribute to the work of the LGB which needs to collectively have a range of backgrounds and competences appropriate to its wide range of responsibilities which are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the Academy and its students, and the performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the Academy and making sure its money is well spent.
As well as having the time to carry out the role, some essential skills and attributes of good governors are:
- Commitment to improving education for our students;
- The ability to work in a professional manner as part of a team and take collective responsibility for decisions;
- Willingness to learn;
- Commitment to the Academy’s vision and ethos;
- Ability to understand data;
- Relationship building skills which encourage team working, facilitate good decision making and ensure productive working relationships.
There is a wide range of expertise that can also be useful on an LGB: financial management and accountancy, organisational change management, legal, human resources, property/estates management, procurement and contracting services, project management, equal opportunities, special needs, quality assurance and service improvement, risk management, health and safety, marketing and public relations, IT and creativity.
Our minimum expectation in any academic year is that members of the LGB regularly attend meetings, undertake at least one visit to the Academy during the working day and attend one after school celebration event.
If you feel you have the appropriate experience and skills to join us in continuing to develop The Priory Belvoir Academy please contact the Clerk to the LGB, Mrs Helen Pritchett email@example.com for an application form. Successful applicants from a selection process will be invited to interview with the Headteacher and Chair of the LGB.
Closing date for expressions of interest: Monday 14th June 2021
We look forward to hearing from you.
Mr L S Newton